Hello! My name is Felipe Belfort Marques. I'm a screenwriter from Sao Paulo, Brazil who is eager to be a part of your team in any assistant position.
During my internship at QC Entertainment, I learned skills essential for the assistant position. I am able to roll calls and keep schedules in check, and am able to deal with situations in a professional and efficient manner. I was recognized for my ability to cover material, effectively proofreading and critiquing scripts at a fast pace that didn’t hinder the quality of said coverage.
I also have experience in both writing and producing for television, having worked in writing and executive production positions on Boston University’s own TV Station. As a former writer and executive producer for BUTV10’s Shadows, I not only have experience in writing scripts for a fiction-based episodic series, but have also created episode production schedules, overseen casting auditions, and led the writers’ room in weekly meetings. I have also taken numerous courses in screenwriting and television industry, as well as creative and fiction writing. On top of this, I have written over thirty film, television and theater reviews for Boston University’s Daily Free Press, showing a deep understanding of these three fields as industries and art forms, and applying this knowledge to my screenwriting.
Jan 2018 - Apr 2018
- Covered over 40 feature-length scripts at a rate of three scripts a day;
- Created in-depth analysis research reports for potential QC partners;
- Helped with general organization and workflow, calls and calendar.
Sep 2014 - Dec 2017
Daily Free Press
- Wrote over thirty film and theater reviews for the weekly campus newspaper, including online publications, leading to reviewing three top-grossing films of 2017.
- Covered the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival; wrote reviews of films featured.
Jan 2017 - Apr 2017
Good Morning BU (BUTV10)
- Collaborated with two other writers to produce content for the Entertainment anchor to use for the following morning’s show.
Jan 2016 - Dec 2016
Good Morning BU (BUTV10)
- Wrote own content, specifically film/entertainment news and previews for two-minute segments on weekly show.
- Edited own content using Final Cut Pro editing software after recording.
Mar 2015 - Dec 2015
- Managed schedule for one season for a 25-person team.
- Created episode production schedule.
- Led writer’s room for each episode of the 2015 season.
- Assisted with camera blocking and line reading with actors for episodes.
- Recommended potential actors as a member of the casting team.
Bachelor's Degree in Film/Television
Sep 2014 - May 2018