I’m looking to work for a company where I can play an integral role as part of a team. I approach commercial video production from the perspective of a larger solution-based marketing strategy. Although my primary experience is in the commercial field, I've also worked on music videos, documentaries, and short narrative. In my seven years working in post-production, I’ve worked closely with marketing executives and managers strategizing and integrating video production into larger marketing plans and budgets.
Post-Production Manager & Colorist
Sep 2014 - Aug 2018
New Sky Productions
- I worked as an integral part of a focused team that approaches video production from a marketing solution-based perspective, working with clients to build and reinforce their brands by structuring the content we produced within their larger marketing strategy.
- Working directly with clients, I both oversaw and typically executed the primary edit, audio mixing, audio sweetening, and color grading for the majority of creative projects.
- In my time at New Sky Productions, the company roughly doubled in size, growing from smaller 2-3 crew productions to, in 2018, a typical set having as many as 10 to 20 people.
- As part of a small boutique video marketing company, I also helped to produce, collaborate on script writing, work on set as an AD and DIT, and work on internal marketing content. I was also an integral part of the decision-making process about the overall direction of the company.
- With my background in back-end web programming, I also created a proprietary web app that allows for quickly generating custom proposals for clients, send small or massive files to clients (similar to WeTransfer, but branded and with more information about what to do with said files) as well as an extremely secure cloud backup solution for all project files that is billed monthly to clients, neatly covering local and cloud storage expenses.
Jun 2014 - Apr 2018
Silver Lit Studio
I worked nearly full-time in NYC for two years as an editor and, mostly, colorist, and intermittently continued on smaller projects for some time. I've worked on national ads, music videos, corporate work, short narrative, and more. Clients have included NBCUniversal, Mercedes-Benz, John Frieda, Pfizer, and various production companies.
Editor, Colorist, Producer
Jun 2011 - Sep 2014
Gravity Free Productions
Gravity Free was a company started with close friends with the intent of crafting commercial content for small businesses as a way to finance short narrative and documentary work. I worked primarily managing post-production, but typically worked on set as well, and collaborated on producing a wide variety of content.
Studio Manager / Retoucher
Apr 2006 - Apr 2009
Primarily responsible for editing, retouching, and printing photos.
MFA in Photography
Aug 2010 - Dec 2012
Visual Journalism Program
Jul 2009 - Jun 2010
BA in Studio Art, Emphasis in Photography
Aug 2004 - May 2009