Daniel Shar grew up in North Carolina, earned a now-dusty journalism degree from the University of Missouri, devoted himself to comedy in Chicago, and relocated to Los Angeles to write for TV and film. Shar recently released SCRAPS, his feature debut as a writer/director, on Amazon Prime Video. Prior to that, he co-created and co-starred in an independent pilot presentation for the narrative/sketch comedy hybrid Jonathanville TV, as well as the web series projects We Have To Move & Weird Copcept Album. Shar has sold jokes to The Onion and Funny Or Die, and his solo shows have appeared at Comedy Central Stage, SF Sketchfest, St. Lou Fringe, and more. His other past points of pride include writing and performing topical pieces at The Paper Machete, writing and directing the one-act play Improvised Whose Line Is It Anyway?, directing Dave Maher Coma Show (This American Life), and selling sex toys while still a virgin. To see some of these projects, please visit www.danielshar.com.
• Wrote jokes for Funny Or Die and the @PitchJokes social media accounts from 01/18 – Present
• Wrote three 30-second commercials for Ezzely/Coggno Inc. from 01/18 – 02/18
• Served as Writer’s Assistant to Michael Pillion for Gold Twig Productions from 12/17 – Present
• Wrote a 5-episode comedic, educational web series for Big Foot Media to shoot for Starting Point Realty from 09/16 – 10/16
• Wrote 260 comedic multiple choice question/answer combinations for a mobile app created by Plaor LLC from 12/13 – 01/14
• Contributed series and video pitches, social media posts, and more for The Onion’s “Onion Labs” team from 06/12 – 11/12; got a correction joke published by The Onion in 12/12
• Wrote pieces about the Chicago comedy scene for The A.V. Club Chicago from 07/10 – 01/11