Being born and raised in Egypt, then moving to America allowed me to encounter people from different walks of life. That made me want to become a filmmaker editor, so I can have the ability to tell all these different stories through editing. The realization of my dreams began at the age of 5, when I captured moment with my family being together and celebrating my cousin's birthday using my father's camera. That moment sparked something in me that led me to where I am today.
I started to purse my path as an editor professionally when I was attending Temple University . I started by creating a few short films for class and personal projects. Then I joined the Temple University TV station as a news video editor and started interning as video editor for LUX Products Corperations. A year later, I was promoted to produce a talk show for Temple University TV. From there I went on to edit videos for TMZ and Glassman Media in Los Angeles. Finally, reaching the end of my college career, got an offer to manage the video content depart at LUX Products, work as an on-air political analyst for PBS 39, and I was awarded an Emmy nomination for my role as a producer of my talk show.
Today, I'm a recent college graduate who moved back to LA to continue pursing my dream career of being a Filmmaker Editor. My journey is far from over and there are more exciting days ahead.
• Managed in house production/promo projects
• Planned video strategy
• Developed video file storage methods
• Edited Product Videos/Promos
• Managed overall show operations of "The World at Temple" talk show
• Created different departments with specified tasks to create a more efficient workflow
• Edited full episodes
• Created weekly strategies for the show
• Developed Episode structure
• Maintained/developed working relationships between international organizations on campus and around the city of Philadelphia
• Decided on the news of the day for the web
• Edited news videos
• Edited videos for social media
• Live edited social media shows with switcher
• Edited 2-casting interview videos into 2-minute compelling stories
• Prepared videos for presentation to the network
• Edited product videos
• Edited trade show videos
• Storyboarded videos prior to shoots
• Wrote scripts